Explore any of the following as a potential next step:

  • Consult with a disability discrimination law attorney who handles Title II ; Title III ADA cases (with local & state governments; private entities offering public accommodations). Contact your state bar for a list in your region. Check current license and history of complaints if any, with the state bar, as well as screening the attorney for a history of success with these types of cases. If you choose to allow an attorney to handle your case, if applicable, your attorney will represent you. You may wish, additionally, to consult with an attorney familiar with electrosensitivity and exposures issues, such as may be contacted at www.wearetheevidence.org.

If you choose to file a complaint with the state or federal government, the gov’t entity will not represent you, but the state or United States Government, and may advise or assist with negotiating an accommodation. Learn the difference!


State of California: Office of Civil Rights, Dept of Attorney General of State of CA https://oag.ca.gov/civil

  • FEDERAL GOV’T – Contact US Dept of Justice, Civil Rights Division, Disability Rights Section,

File an ADA Complaint re: Title II (local or state gov’t) or Title III (private entity providing public accommodations) alleged violations

https://www.justice.gov/crt/disability-rights-sectionReport a Violation – Disability Rights

ADA.gov: Contact, to speak with an ADA Specialist and/or file a complaint (see below)

Disability Rights

You can file an Americans with Disabilities Act complaint alleging disability discrimination against a State or local government or a public accommodation (including, for example, a restaurant, doctor’s office, retail store, hotel, etc.) by mail or online.

To learn more about filing an ADA complaint, visit www.ada.gov/filing_complaint.htm). To file an ADA complaint you may send the information requested at www.ada.gov/fact_on_complaint.htm to:

US Department of Justice 950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Civil Rights Division
Disability Rights Section 1425 NYAV
Washington, D.C. 20530
Fax: (202) 307-1197

You may also file a complaint online at www.ada.gov/complaint/.
If you have questions about filing an ADA complaint, please call:
ADA Information Line: 800-514-0301 (voice) or 800-514-0383 (TTY).

Main Section Telephone Number: 202-307-0663 (voice and TTY)

  • Contact national nonprofits or disability organizations that may represent you, as a disabled person.

Example: the ACLU

Disability Rights ACLU info